The BYOC Silver Pony II takes one the most innovative and sought after overdrive circuits of all time and expands it into a dual channel overdrive with a few extras.
The drive channel is a faithful klone of the original circuit. The clipping switch lets you choose between Germanium diode clipping for the smooth, compressed sound of the original, Silicon diode clipping for a crunchier, more open sound, and LED (light emitting diode) clipping for a gritty, completely uncompressed distortion.
One of the things this circuit is famous for is its ultra-clean and super transparent boost capabilities. But to use it as such, you have to stop playing, bend over, and turn the gain knob all the way down. You only get one or the other. There’s no way to switch between both with just the press of a button…till now. We dissected the clean boost portion of the circuit and made it into a separate boost channel. So now you can have the best of both worlds. And the boost channel is entirely independent of the overdrive channel. This means you can use it to boost the output of the overdrive channel for solos or you can use it as just a clean boost all on its own.
The complete and painted pedal as shown is what you get with brown 1400 style knobs, red LEDs. This is the plain aluminum enclosure with our label on it.
This pedal is complete and ready to play. Power adapter or battery is required but not included.
- Boost: This controls the volume of the boost channel. The boost channel is wired behind the OD circuit, so it can act as a master volume if you have both channels activated.
- Output: This controls the amount of volume for the OD circuit.
- Treble: Boosts or cuts the treble.
- Gain: Controls the amount of gain.
- Si-LED-Ge Switch: Selects between three different hard clipping configurations.
Si = 1N4148 diodes
LED = Clipping LEDs
Ge = Germanium Diodes
This version is assembled and tested by hand in our shop from a brand new kit.
We are an authorized BYOC Dealer.
- Buffered bypass
- Battery power or 9v 2.1mm center negative adapter power (not included) only. Do not use anything other than 9v or you will damage the charge pump.
- Controls for Boost, Output, Treble and Gain and a three mode diode clipping selection switch.
- Boost Channel
We warranty pre-builts for 5 years.