One Pedal for the Whole Stage
The BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer has all the processing power you need for your voice and guitar, so you can travel light. You can drum out beats and perform over them via the 80-second looper, add intelligent vocal harmonies on the spot, and dial in new textures - like vocal distortion and guitar octaves - for dynamic stage performances. Onboard pitch correction even helps you hit those awkward notes. You can then send pre-mixed or independent signals to your acoustic amp and PA via two sets of stereo outputs. Though its simple layout makes the BOSS VE-8 perfect for the stage, direct DAW recording over USB and an auxiliary audio input for your phone make this pedal a staple for your studio or practice space.
Features at a glance
- Compact, all-in-one preamp and effects solution for singers who play acoustic guitar
- Dial in rich, sophisticated BOSS sound processing with simple, intuitive controls
- Studio-quality vocal processing includes four types of ambience effects plus Enhance, chromatic pitch correction for live vocal tuning, and more
- Create natural vocal harmonies in real time based on guitar input or manual key settings
- Also includes a vocal doubling effect, plus more dramatic processing like hard-tuned electronic voices, distortion, and a radio voice effect
- Dedicated guitar channel includes Acoustic Resonance, reverb, chorus, tuner, and various effects, plus phase invert and notch filter for feedback control
- Looper function with 80 seconds of recording time and the ability to loop guitar and vocals independently
- Memory mode for storing and recalling 50 favorite settings
- Flexible connections for integrating with a main PA and stage monitors, plus USB for computer recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or included AC adapter
The VE-8 makes it easy to get professional, studio-level vocal sounds right away. Just plug your mic into the XLR input and dial up some nice ambience, add clarity and control with the Enhance feature, and more. You can even call up hard-tuned electronic voice sounds, distortion, and radio voice tones to bring some modern edge to your acoustic performances.
With the VE-8’s dedicated guitar channel, your acoustic axe will sound just as great as your vocals. Acoustic Resonance magically restores your natural guitar sound, eliminating the sterile piezo “quack” that plagues typical undersaddle pickups used in plugged-in acoustics. Reverb and chorus are on hand too, plus cool BOSS effects like Octave, Mod Delay, and more. There’s a built-in tuner as well, a must-have tool for stage performing. And with the phase switch and notch filter, you have fingertip access for killing any feedback issues the instant they arise.
In a solo performance, the ability to create natural vocal harmonies turns heads and elevates your tunes to new sonic levels. Using the VE-8, creating these harmonies live has never been easier. The automatic harmony function detects the chords and key you play with your guitar, and then generates the correct harmony as you sing. Hybrid and fixed harmony modes are available too, giving you all types of versatility for different performing and recording situations. There’s also a nice vocal doubling effect, a useful feature for adding fullness and presence to your voice as needed.
The specially designed looper in the VE-8 sounds great and is ready to support your performance whenever you need it. Just use the dedicated footswitch to lay down a percussive rhythm, chord progression, vocal counterpoint, or whatever you like. You can easily select your guitar, voice, or both for looping via panel buttons or an optional footswitch.
The VE-8’s rear panel has a guitar input and XLR mic input with switchable phantom power, plus an Aux input to connect a smartphone or other device for backing music. Stereo XLR balanced outputs provide a direct feed to the house PA, while stereo 1/4-inch outputs let you send a separate signal to stage monitors or an acoustic amp. Both the vocal and guitar channels feature a three-band EQ and low-cut filter for shaping the tone to suit the venue, and it’s even possible to send the two channels to separate outputs for external mixing flexibility. And via USB, you can use the VE-8 as a direct recording interface with your favorite DAW software.
With the VE-8’s grab-and-go panel controls, it’s simple to dial in sounds and settings as you play. After creating a setup you like for a particular song, just save it in one of 50 memory locations for instant recall while performing. The VE-8’s three built-in footswitches control a variety of live functions, and one or more optional footswitches can be connected for further control if needed.
- Processor Type:Acoustic/Vocal preamp with Looping, Harmonizing
- Number of Channels:2
- Presets - Factory:Reverb, Chorus, Harmony
- Looper:Independent Guitar/Vocal Loops, 80 seconds loop time
- Analog Inputs:1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x XLR (mic), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Analog Outputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (headphones), 1 x 1/4" (external footswitch)
- USB:1 x Type B
- Computer Connectivity:USB
- Power Source:9V DC power supply or 6 x AA batteries
- Weight:2 lbs. 14 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number:VE-8