Envelop your music in vibrant rhythmic energy with the SL-2 Slicer, an inspiring creative tool filled with colorful sonic grooves. This BOSS original chops your sound into unique percussive patterns—including many processed with internal filters and effects—and provides multiple output options that bring grooves to life across the stereo field.
Evolved from the legacy SL-20 Slicer, the SL-2 offers expanded capabilities while shrinking the size to the pedalboard-friendly BOSS compact format. Instantly elevate performances with 88 onboard patterns and tap into more via the BOSS Tone Studio app. Grab the knobs to tweak audio slices on the fly and sync to songs with tap tempo and MIDI. Fun and easy to use, the SL-2 brings fresh musical power to all types of creators, from guitarists and keyboardists to loop performers, DJs, beatmakers, and beyond.
- The famous BOSS Slicer effect in an advanced compact pedal
- Instantly create compelling sonic grooves with single and dual Slicer paths processed with multiple internal effects
- 88 memory locations with pre-loaded patterns (eight types with 11 variations for each)
- Control the wave shape and length of sliced audio with Attack and Duty knobs
- Adjust the overall effect level with +/-12 dB range
- Mono/stereo input and output for integration with any setup
- Seven stereo output modes: Fixed, EFX/Direct, Random, Ping-Pong, Auto, 3D Cross, and 3D Rotation
- Connect to the BOSS Tone Studio app (macOS/Windows) via USB to explore and load alternate patterns
- Control bypass and tap tempo with the onboard pedal switch
- Connect up to two footswitches or an expression pedal for external parameter control
- TRS MIDI input for clock sync and CC control
- BOSS five-year warranty
Five different ways to slice it
What is slice, anyway? The closest equivalent in the pedal world would be tremolo, but tremolo sounds positively quaint compared to the SL-2’s wild rhythmic gating. Still, the SL-2 Slicer covers those classic choppy tones, but its five different slice options can also transform your signal into an IDM groove or even synth-like sounds.
- Single and Dual: These modes are relatively self explanatory. Single has one slicer; Dual has two slicers operating at the same time.
- Tremolo: The SL-2’s tamest setting, this mode is about as close to traditional tremolo as the SL-2 can get!
- Harmonic: This mode brings in wild modulation, adding even more complexity to your rhythmic experimentation.
- SFX: Perhaps the most peculiar mode, SFX introduces additional effects to your signal depending on which sub-mode you choose.
Big-box features in a standard BOSS form factor
The SL-2 saws down the size by almost half without compromising functionality, and it even introduces several new features to the Slicer series! Looking for enhanced control? A MIDI in allows for timing clocks, start/continue/stop messages, and control change messages for external MIDI-compatible devices. Need to adjust your tempo or controls on the fly? Pop in an expression pedal or a remote control switch, or simply activate the SL-2’s built-in tap tempo. Last but not least, the USB input enables easy connection to the BOSS Tone Studio for SL-2 app to access a wide library of downloadable slice patterns.
BOSS SL-2 Slicer Audio Pattern Processor Pedal Features:
- Chops and slices up your signal into 11 variations of percussive groove
- Balance and attack controls to set your mix level and the effect’s sharpness
- Duty control to modify the length of the slice pattern’s sound
- Tempo can be adjusted by either knob control or by accessing the built-in tap tempo function
- Type knob switches between single, dual, tremolo, harmonic, and SFX slicer types
- MIDI in offers greatly enhanced control possibilities
- USB port allows for even more slice patterns via the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio for SL-2 app
- External footswitch jack for remote control of tap tempo and other momentary functions
- Stereo I/O for wild ping-pong slicer sounds
- Pedal Type:Slicer
- Effects:Audio Pattern Slicer
- Inputs:2 x 1/4"
- Outputs:2 x 1/4"
- USB:1 x Type Mini-B
- Other I/O:1 x 1/4" (expression)
- Bypass Switching:Buffered
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage:95mA
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Weight:1 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:SL-2