The New Standard in Octave Pedals
Fusing classic BOSS octave tones with the latest tracking technologies, the BOSS OC-5 sets a new standard in octave pedal performance. Vintage mode provides a spot-on recreation of the legendary mono OC-2 from 1982, while Poly mode offers numerous enhancements for extended-range playing. And with the addition of an octave-up feature, a span of three octaves is now available for creative exploration. From fat, low mono sounds to octave-shifted chords and more, the OC-5 delivers the widest range, finest sound quality, and best playability in any octave stomp to date.
- The industry-standard octave pedal, updated with enhanced features
- Newly developed tracking technology provides more accurate response and natural feel with no latency
- Vintage mode faithfully reproduces the mono sound of the original OC-2
- Poly mode for chord playing; Range knob sets the note range where the effect is applied
- Lowest Range setting in Poly mode applies the octave effect to only the lowest note in a chord
- New octave-up effect, available on its own or blended with octave-down effects
- Mode switch optimizes the tracking engine for guitar or bass
- Direct out for wet/dry setups
- BOSS five-year warranty
Vintage mode: the classic BOSS octave effect
Ever since its 1982 debut, BOSS's OC-2 octave effect has left an indelible mark on the guitar and bass market. The great news is that the BOSS OC-5 delivers the classic OC-2 mono sound in a big way, and better than ever thanks to its improved tracking engine. Dedicated controls for your dry tone and each of the two octaves down help achieve synth-like sub-bass and tight octave lead crawls without any fuss.
Poly mode: give your bassist the night off
The BOSS OC-5 picks up where the OC-3 left off, with a smart polyphonic sub tracker that's able to flesh out power chords, open chords, and barre chords with bass-like root notes. It's the last piece of the puzzle for the solo acoustic performer. The OC-5 gives you a Range knob to help restrict octaves to exactly where you want them.
Octave-up effect (either mode)
A new +1 Oct control on your BOSS OC-5 Octave pedal unlocks 12-string textures and classic fuzz solo tones. Best of all, this control can be used with either Vintage or Polyphonic mode's -1 Oct and -2 Oct controls for a thick, impenetrable tone.
The BOSS OC-5 Octave pedal's brand-new tracking engine promises low latency, high expression, and zero dropped notes. And whether you're running it in mono or poly modes, this means better performance across the board, even for vintage octave enthusiasts.
A dedicated switch on the side of your OC-5 lets you tailor this octaver's tracking response for guitar or bass. So for the price of one pedal, you're effectively getting two powerful octave effects that you can transplant onto any live pedal rig.
Isolated direct output
Whether you're running a wet/dry amp rig or you want to send a clean bass signal to front of house, the BOSS OC-5 has you covered. Its Direct Out retains all the character of your dry instrument tone, which means endless possibilities onstage or in the studio.
Battery or wall powered
With a modest 55-milliamp current draw, the BOSS OC-5 is able to give you around seven hours of run time off a single 9-volt battery. This makes it a great option for players who love the sound of alkaline or carbon-zinc. For modern pedalboards, a standard center-negative wall supply works just fine. Searching for the ultimate does-it-all guitar/bass octave pedal? Sweetwater recommends giving the BOSS OC-5 Octave a spin.
- Pedal Type:Guitar/Bass Octave
- Effects:Octave-up, Octave-down, Poly Chord Mode, Vintage Mode
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4" (main out), 1 x 1/4" (direct out)
- Bypass Switching:Buffered
- Power Source:9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage:55mA
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Weight:0.97 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:OC-5
We are an authorized BOSS dealer