DIVERSE SONIC RANGE, MAXIMUM DELAY POWER
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
Features at a glance
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Analog — Classic analog BBD delay.
- Standard — Crystal-clear digital delay.
- Tape — Vintage tape-based delay.
- Warm — Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse —Backwards delay.
- +RV — Digital delay with reverb.
- Shimmer — Lush, pitch-shifted delay.
- Mod — Digital delay with modulation on repeats.
- Warp — Delay with expressive pedal control.
- GLT — Creates rhythmic, glitchy machine-gun effects.
- Loop —Loop recorder with overdub capability and 40 seconds of recording time (in mono).
Everything sounds bigger in stereo
Thanks to its full stereo I/O and three output modes, the BOSS DD-8 Digital Delay sounds HUGE! Use the independent setting to route a short delay to Output A, while sending a long delay (double that of Output A) to Output B, for an instant Steve Vai vibe. Dial in ping-pong delay effects with the panning mode. Give your performance enhanced spatial depth with the wide stereo mode. Smart I/O functionality enables you to use the BOSS DD-8 for an endless array of applications. It supports a wide range of mono and stereo connections, including discrete dry and effect outputs — a must-have for wet/dry setups. You can even defeat the dry signal entirely, which is great for delay-only blending in your amp’s parallel effects loop.
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
We are an authorized BOSS dealer.