Polyphonic Synth Pedal for Guitar and Bass
Packing a huge range of synthesizer sounds into a compact, easy-to-use BOSS pedal format, the BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer pedal is loaded with creative potential. This polyphonic guitar synth doesn't require any extra hardware on your guitar, and you don't need to know anything about programming synth sounds to get the best out of it. Just plug your guitar or bass in, select from 121 vibrant sounds, and start exploring. Sounds range from classic analog tones to leads, basses, layered organs, sweeping pads, and even arpeggiated sequences. Complete with a parallel send/return loop to integrate with other effects, the BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal is a value-packed solution for generating synth sounds with your guitar or bass.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Features:
- Polyphonic synthesizer pedal for electric guitar and bass
- 121 total sounds, featuring 11 synth types with 11 variations for each
- Requires no special pickup or additional electronics
- No perceptible latency to distract you from your performance
- Hold function allows you to sustain a synth sound to play over
- Blend your guitar and synth tones with independent volume controls
- Parallel send/return loop for integrating effects pedals, or for use as a direct out to a separate amp
- Additional control via expression pedal or footswitch (not included)
SY-1 Sound Types
• LEAD 1/2—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• STR—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• SFX 1/2—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ 1/2—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
Over 100 synth sounds in a single pedal
121 sounds, to be precise. Select from 11 core synth types, like leads, pads, and bass, then select from 11 variations of that core synth sound. No special pickup system or other hardware is required, and the results are expressive and dynamic. Whether you're looking to highlight a specific song section, or are creating complete synth scores with your guitar, you'll be proud of the sounds you can create with the BOSS SY-1 guitar synth pedal.
Optimized for both guitar and bass
Guitarists and bassists alike can take advantage of the SY-1's synth sounds. You'll find a mode switch to optimize its pitch tracking for either guitar or bass — select the appropriate instrument, and you're ready to play. Using the blend control, you can mix your guitar or bass tone along with the synth tone.
Send/Return loop for routing flexibility
Adventurous musicians at Sweetwater appreciate the SY-1 pedal's send/return loop, which opens up a lot of creative possibilities. This loop can be mixed in parallel with the main synth output, allowing you to use other effects pedals to add another layer to your synth sound — try a slow phaser into a deep, fast tremolo to add a whole new element of movement and depth. Or you could use the send as a direct output, routing the synth sound to a different amplifier.
- Pedal Type:Guitar Synthesizer
- Effects:Strings, Bass, Layered Pads, Lead, Bell, SFX 1/2, Pulsating
- Inputs:1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (return)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4" (main out), 1 x 1/4" (send)
- Other I/O:1 x 1/4" TRS (expression/control)
- Bypass Switching:Buffered Bypass
- Power Source:9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage:85mA
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Weight:1 lb.
- Manufacturer Part Number:SY-1
We are an authorized BOSS dealer