Chunk Systems Brown Dog Gated Bass Fuzz
The Brown Dog brings a new bark to the world of fuzz. Designed specifically for Bass Guitar, its full frequency response and robust gain will add depth and authority to any players sound. Independent Clean and Dirty Level controls with switchable EQ allow for a wide variety of fuzz effects, from subtle crunch to rampaging waves of meat. All this power is reigned in by the Brown Dogs unique gating system, which will keep your bass lines punchy and well defined in any situation. At lower settings the Gate will keep your sound tight and noise free, while at maximum with the Drive control dimed youve got the meanest sounding synth bass ever. The Brown Dog also features a Control Voltage In so that it can be controlled by external devices, allowing for even more tonal possibilities. Hook it up in various combinations with the Agent Funk Mark II and achieve some of the most unique synth-bass sounds ever! Give your Bass a whole new growl with the Brown Dog!
- Suitable for bass guitar.
- True bypass.
- Four controls allow you to fine-tune your sound.
- Switchable soft/hard fuzz mode.
- Special gating circuit lets you keeps your basslines tight.
- Output mixing stage allows you to keep the character of your instrument.
- Runs from a single 9V battery or external power supply (not included).
- Convenient form factor includes no-tools battery drawer.
- Sturdy steel case finished in a luxurious chocolate brown.
- High quality soft-feel foot switch.
- Compatible with Agent Funk Mark II for crazy synth tones.
- High quality analogue electronics throughout.
- Lovingly manufactured in Australia.
The Brown Dog has four connectors on the back:
- input - signal from your instrument comes in here.
- envelope - connects to Agent Funk Mark II for maximum squelch.
- output - signal goes out to your amplifier or Agent Funk Mark II here.
- 9vdc - plug in a regulated 9V DC 2.1mm supply here.
In addition to the high-quality metal bypass switch, the Brown Dog has four knobs and a switch:
- The dirty level controls the volume of the signal coming from the Brown Dog's fuzz circuit in the output mix. To make the fuzz louder, turn it up. To make the fuzz quieter, turn it down.
- The clean level controls the volume of the original input signal in the output mix. The Brown Dog mixes the dirty signal coming from its fuzz circuit with the original input signal so you can determine exactly how much fuzz you want and keep the tone of your instrument.
- The gate control governs how loud the input signal must be for a fuzz tone to be produced. Especially in hardmode, you can use this gating effect to prevent hum from your pickups and the noise of your fingers on the strings from being amplified by the fuzz circuit. You can also ensure that your notes start and end cleanly, so your bass line remains clear even though you have massive amounts of fuzz applied.
- The drive control alters the character of the fuzz produced by controlling how hard the fuzz circuit is driven. Driving the fuzz harder squares off your sound more and makes it sound harsher. In hard mode with maximumdrive, you can get synth-like square wave tones. In soft mode, the drive control will alter the volume of the fuzz signal and you may find you need to compensate with the dirty level control.
- Use the mode switch to switch between soft and hard fuzz, which have different characters. The hard fuzz produces very square-edged acidic tones. Use it for really hardcore metal sounds or turn up the gate for some great synth tones. The soft mode produces a classic warm bass fuzz.
This pedal is in stock and ready to ship